I seriously wish that the Anglican Church of Nigeria would put aside its hypocrisy, intolerance, and the hate they preach and promote. To do that, they should look to the gesture of acceptance by the Anglican Church of Southern Africa.
Then they would see the need to embrace true diversity and would display a deeper level of wisdom by recognizing and extending a warm spirit of love and compassion to its already-bruised members who are already struggling with their sexual orientation and who seek to be free from the bubble that the church has placed them in. Those church members long for respect, dignity and liberation. They desire not to be discriminated against on the basis of their sexual orientation.
The church fails to understand that the real evil is hate and discrimination. It brings disunity. It discourages people. It deprives people of the right to live their authentic lives.
Without living an authentic life, people cannot live up to their full potential. As a result, they become less productive and can contribute little to the church and to society. That leads them to a dysfunctional, frustrating and unfulfilling life.
- Southern African Anglicans to LGBT people: Welcome (Feb. 26, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Archbishop of Canterbury to LGBTI community: Sorry! (Jan. 15, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- African Anglicans: English protest vs. Ugandan rallies (Jan. 19, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Justin Welby says sorry to LGBTI community for hurt and pain caused by Anglican church (Jan. 15, 2016, The Guardian)
- Canterbury rally to Anglican leaders: Listen to LGBTI people (Jan. 14, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Anglicans discipline Episcopalians over same-sex marriage (Jan. 14, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Stonewall CEO: A split in the Anglican Church could be dangerous for LGBT people – religious or not (Jan. 12, 2016, The Telegraph)
- Barbaric’ Anglican schism would not threaten LGBTI progress (Jan. 10, 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Anglicans’ LGBTI schism: Archbishop’s realism or bad idea? (September 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Church of England to blame for anti-gay Nigeria, Uganda? (September 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Petition to archbishops: End anti-gay purge in Kenya (September 2015, 76crimes.com)
- U.S. church plans support for LGBT-friendly Africans (June 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Anti-gay Anglicans blast archbishop for friendly chats in U.S. (January 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Eject anti-gay Anglicans or keep a poisoner at dinner? (March 2014, 76crimes.com)