1. jerbearinsantafe
    jerbearinsantafe at |
  2. Fred Kwint
    Fred Kwint at |

Dear Colin,

As a former evangelical christian I found this website very helpful: http://www.religioustolerance.org It gives all points of view from all religions.

Kind regards, and grateful for your work,

Fred Kwint

3. J Biaggi
    J Biaggi at |

Want to persuade this people? Cut the entire Financial Aid that this country give them…. The will do the trick!

4. Jonathan
    Jonathan at |

How about Colossians 3:12-15 (all quotes are from the American Standard edition)
    “Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body, and be ye thankful.

1 Thessalonians 4:11: “and that ye study to be quiet, and do your own business, and work with your hands, even as we charged you;”…I have seen other translations word this as “Make it your aim to live quietly and mind your own business” which I particularly like. 🙂
    1 Peter 4:15 “For let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil-doer, or as a meddler in other men’s affairs”

Psalm 11:5 “…But the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth”
    Psalm 37:11 “But the meek shall inherit the land, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace” – people who willfully seek to commit murder or even advocate it are NOT meek and will not receive this reward

See also Romans 12:17-21 (be peaceable, yield place to wrath); 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (Christians wage war only by reasoning, not with weapons of the flesh); 1 Peter 2:21-23 (Christ set the example and did not retaliate); Galatians 5:19-23 (murder is NOT a “fruit of the spirit” but rather one of the world, and let us not forget Romans 10:4 (emphasis my own) “For Christ is the END OF THE LAW unto righteousness to every one that believeth” Jesus fulfilled the Moasic Law, we are no longer bound by it.

Try that (maybe not all at once LOL 🙂 ) and see what he says

1. Toni Browning-Early
      Toni Browning-Early at |

I totally agree with your sentiment there Jonathan, but I’ve tried it in the past and he will immediately respond with: “You’re cherry-picking scripture – that’s not what it means”. Funny how it’s perfectly justified when THEY cherry-pick scripture though.

5. Erica Cook
    Erica Cook at |

When people reach this point I tend to lose it. I’m not Christian, and what I have said in the past is his words are why I am not a Christian. His religion is a religion of hate, and no god of hate could have created this world. And no god would have made people for the purpose of being hated. And the only thing his words will ever do is reaffirm how right it was to walk away from a religion that only knows how to judge. I admit these words are said in anger, and there are many who are Christians and good. But it is my experience that good people make Christianity good. Christianity didn’t make people good.

6. Domingo A. Torres
    Domingo A. Torres at |

If God wanted gays to be put to death or even went as far as to say He hates them, than why would God save from death 4 times a gay Christian man, as I am that man. One of those time He sent an illuminated being to personally save my life. I saw with my own eyes as I was in violent seizure and my heart was about to explode from my chest, as I took a drug and unknowingly was meant to kill me. Tony aka DJ Sunday Towers God’s DJ Conscience The Truth Be Told

7. Domingo A. Torres
    Domingo A. Torres at |

Evil hides within the minds of men and they use religion to hide their evil intentions.