There’s only a short time left to join the effort to block American murder-preacher Steven Anderson from spreading his hatred in Jamaica. He is scheduled to arrive in the country as early as this Sunday, Jan. 28.
Anderson has actively called for the stoning of gays, the subjugation of women and denied that the Holocaust ever happened. Some of his followers have acted on the ideas they’ve heard in Anderson’s dangerous hate speech.
Anderson has been banned or deported from Botswana, Malawi, South Africa, the UK and Canada. He now plans to bring his deadly message to Jamaican schools and other venues in a week-long “missions trip.”
Jamaican activist Jay John (not his real name) launched a petition asking that the Jamaican government ban Anderson from entering the country. The petition has garnered over 36,500 signatures and Jay delivered it to the Office of the Prime Minister on Tuesday, Jan. 23. However, he has had no response.
In solidarity with Jay and this urgent petition some Jamaican diaspora organizations and individuals have crafted a sign-on letter (https://www.dropbox.com/s/
If you or your organization wishes to sign on to this URGENT letter, quickly email email@example.com with the name and email address that you wish to be listed.
Related videos and audios:
- “Pastor Steven Anderson Crazy Rants” — compilation
- Video and audio versions of his sermons at Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona, from 2006 to 2018.
- Jamaica: Anti-gay pastor is worse than you knew (January 2018, 76crimes.com)
- Homo hate preacher a public-health threat (Letter to the editor of the Jamaica Gleaner by activist Maurice Tomlinson, January 2017)
- Preacher who said gays ‘deserved’ death still targets Jamaica (January 2017, 76crimes.com)
- Anti-LGBT U.S. pastor does not expect Jamaica to ban him (January 2018, Washington Blade)
- Petition urges Jamaica to block hate preacher’s visit (January 2018
- Three African nations have now blocked anti-LGBTI pastor (
- Botswana deports Steven Anderson (October 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Petition seeks to bar anti-LGBT pastor from Botswana too (September 2016, 76crimes.com)
- ‘Your blood be upon your own heads’: Pastor Anderson on ban (South African eNCA television news channel eNCA, September 2016)
- South Africa bars anti-gay US pastor Steven Anderson (September 2016, BBC)
- US pastor Steven Anderson says gay people should be executed for an ‘Aids free Christmas’ (December 2014, The Independent)
- Pastor Of Gun-Toter At Obama Event Prayed For Obama To Die (August 2009, Talking Points Memo, which quotes Anderson saying, “I’m praying for him to die just so he gets what he deserves.”)