An online petition seeks to block a planned visit to Jamaica by anti-gay Pastor Steven Anderson, who has called for homosexuals to be killed.
Anderson, leader of the U.S.-based Faithful Word Baptist Church, has been blocked from traveling to South Africa, Malawi and Botswana as well as the United Kingdom and, he claims, smiling, from Canada.
He is scheduled to arrive in Jamaica on Jan. 29.
An online petition on Change.org urging Jamaica to block his entry had collected 1,150 signatures by the time this article was published.
Among the petition’s grievances against Anderson were:
1. In April 2016, Steven Anderson praised the mass shooting of 49 people in Orlando, Florida USA, stating that there are “50 less pedophiles in the world”. www.winningdemocrats.com/watch-conservative-christian-pastor-calls-for-executing-more-ga-people-after-orlando-mass-shooting/
2. Pastor Steven Anderson has also attacked women asserting that women should not: work, lead in church; be independent; vote; read books of their choice and dress how they want, emphasizing that “men shouldn’t be under the tyranny of women”. Link at www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFaoOKk16lQ
3. In his 2014 sermon, Steven Anderson called for the “execution of gay people” … before Christmas Day.
- Conservative Christian Pastor Calls for Executing All Gay People by Christmas Day (November 2017, Church and State)
- Three African nations have now blocked anti-LGBTI pastor (
- Botswana deports Steven Anderson
- Petition seeks to bar anti-LGBT pastor from Botswana too (September 2016, 76crimes.com)
- ‘Your blood be upon your own heads’: Pastor Anderson on ban (South African eNCA television news channel eNCA, September 2016)
- South Africa bars anti-gay US pastor Steven Anderson (September 2016, BBC)
- US pastor Steven Anderson says gay people should be executed for an ‘Aids free Christmas’ (December 2014, The Independent)