- Brunei’s new law says gay people can be stoned to death. Here’s how the world is reacting » CNN
- Hollywood actor George Clooney: Boycott sultan of Brunei’s hotels over gay death penalty » Deadline Hollywood
- Brunei to punish adultery and gay sex with death by stoning » The New York Times
- Australian gov’t tells gay couple with stopover in Brunei that if they act straight, they “should be fine” » News.com.au
- Conservative U.S. Senator Ted Cruz: “I agree with George Clooney” » Cruz Twitter
Clooney called for a boycott of nine hotels — three in the UK, two in the US, two in France and two in Italy — owned by the Brunei Investment Agency. They include the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Bel-Air in Los Angeles, the Dorchester in London and Le Meurice in Paris. Several other celebrities, including Elton John and Jamie Lee Curtis, joined him in vowing to boycott Brunei-owned hotels.
The compilation of news coverage above is courtesy of a news compiler who does not want to be publicly thanked.