The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) has launched a fund aimed at supporting the emerging Iranian LGBT community and addressing LGBT human rights violations in Iran.
The goal is to support:
- Advocacy, research or outreach projects to improve the lives of LGBT Iranians and other marginalised groups there.
- Building new or strengthening existing capacities within the Iranian LGBT community.
- Developing leadership skills among LGBT activists.Developing leadership skills among LGBT activists.
- Creating resources for LGBT Iranians.
- Devising new ways to mainstream LGBT rights issues within the Iranian society.
Applications for funding are invited from all interested individuals, regardless of their nationality, residency status, sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Applicants can each apply for up to U.S. $3,000 funding for their projects.
Proposals’ activities and objectives should directly benefit the Iranian LGBT community, especially members of marginalized groups within the Iranian LGBT community. IGLHRC strongly encourages marginalized members of the community, (lesbians, and transgender individuals, LGBT people with disabilities, and LGBT Iranians from ethnic or religious minority groups) to apply. IGLHRC is seeking proposals aimed at providing services and resources to LGBT Iranians, regardless of their geographical locations.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Nov. 30.
For more information, and to receive the application form, contact [email protected]
- “They’re Going To Kill Us”: LGBT Gambians Fear They’re Next In Police Raids (BuzzFeed News)
- New tools to fight anti-gay repression in Iran (76crimes.com)
- Iran’s top judge denies executions for being gay (76crimes.com)
- Series of public hangings in Iran, including 2 for sodomy (76crimes.com)
- Iran campaign seeks end to coerced LGBT sex changes
- Iran data show growing coercion of LGBT sex changes
- In homophobic Iran, a policy that bans homophobia?
- Gay Iranian author flees to Turkey
- Gay-friendly voice in Iran: Homophobia is un-Islamic (76crimes.com)