UPDATE: The coalition of anti-AIDS organizations that is offering $2 million to combat HIV in the LGBT communities of Mozambique is planning a conference call on Monday, Jan. 23, during which people can learn the details of the application process.
For more general information about the battle against HIV in Mozambique, see the article “$2m targets HIV in Mozambique’s LGBT communities.”
Mozambique repealed its anti-LGBT law in 2015, but social stigma against sexual minorities remains strong, which often excludes LGBT people from health care. The application deadline for the grant is Jan. 31, 2017.
This is the announcement of the conference call:
Conference Call – Q&A – LGBT Fund Deep Engagement Grant for Mozambique
Prospective applicants are invited to an informational conference call on the 23rd January related to the opportunity to apply for a Deep Engagement Grant for Mozambique from the LGBT Fund.
The LGBT Fund is a partnership of the Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF), the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC), and The United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). The Fund continues existing initiatives to end stigma, discrimination and violence against LGBT individuals, by working with community leaders, civil society, and service providers to create environments that promote health and well-being.
Staff from the Elton John AIDS Foundation and OGAC will participate in the call to provide information and help answer questions related to the Request for Proposals, which is available at https://london.ejaf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Opportunity-Announcement-Deep-Engagement-Grant-for-Mozambique.pdf
Date and time:
Date: Monday January 23rd.
Time: 09:00 Washington D.C. / 14:00 London / 15:00 Geneva / 16:00 Maputo [Mozambique]
How to join the Conference Call:
- From Mozambique, +44 (0) 844 762 0 762 or +27 (0) 87 550 0678
- From the UK, 0844 762 0 762
- From USA, 213 289 3448
- From Switzerland, 0848 560 346
- From South Africa, 087 550 0678
- From all other countries, +44 (0) 844 762 0 762 or +27 (0) 87 550 0678
The passcode for callers from all countries is 44551#
For more information on the LGBT Fund or questions about the conference call, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- $2m targets HIV in Mozambique’s LGBT communities (December 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Bias still complicates Mozambique’s battle against Aids (March 2016, 76crimes.com)
- Mozambique: Anti-gay law is gone, anti-gay bias remains (January 2015, 76crimes.com)
- 10 years later, tally of 92 anti-LGBT nations drops to 76 (May 2015, 76crimes.com)
- 12 grim lands, 7 bright spots in LGBTI preview of 2015 (January 2015, 76crimes.com)
- Mozambique: Gay Mozambicans Demand Recognition (November 2014, AllAfrica)