Three gay men are reportedly in hiding for their own protection after being seized, stripped and beaten by a mob in northern Nigeria on Jan. 14.
Police have no plans to take action against members of the mob, Gay Star News reported, citing a relative of one of the men.
Steve Aborisade, coordinator of the anti-AIDS group NigeriaHIVinfo, said he plans to meet with the mob victims today. They might need to be relocated for their safety, he said.
For more information, read “Report: 3 gay men stripped, beaten by Nigerian mob.”
- As Ban Looms, Gay Nigerians Enjoy A Night Out (towleroad.com)
- Nigerians in hiding after being beaten and paraded naked (Gay Star News)
- 2 Nigerian pastors could face years in prison for gay sex (76crimes.com)
- 14 countries accept gay marriage, Nigeria may outlaw it (76crimes.com)
- Nigerian church welcomes, supports LGBTI people (76crimes.com)