The parliament of Ukraine reportedly will vote tomorrow (Oct. 2) on a bill that would ban “gay propaganda.”
The Ukrainian LGBT activist group Insight is seeking to rally opposition to the bill, including letters to the parliament (known as the Verkhovna Rada), calls to the Embassy, news in social networks, etc.
The online activist group Allout.org has previously campaigned against a similar Ukrainian bill, which was proposed and delayed in July.
Insight requested that messages against the bill (law 8711) go to Volodymyr Lytvyn, chairman of the Verhovna Rada. His contact information on his Web page is as follows:
- Address: 01008, Kyiv-8, 5 Hrushevskoho Str.
- Phone: 255-27-45
- E-mail: Lytvyn.Volodymyr@rada.gov.ua
- Ukraine Lawmakers Consider Ban on Gay ‘Propaganda’, Any ‘Positive Depictions of Gays in Public’ (towleroad.com)
- Ukraine shies away from ‘gay propaganda’ ban (76crimes.com)
- Thugs + parliament = repression of gays in Ukraine (76crimes.com)