Watch out, Noah. Maybe that rainbow you saw wasn’t a symbol of God’s promise after all.
Watch out, leprechauns. The end of the rainbow is no longer a good place to hide your pot of gold.
Beware, rainbow lovers everywhere. Anti-gay-rights activists in Russia have asked the government to take action against the Jolly Milkman brand of milk because its new milk cartoons show a rainbow along with a smiling mustachioed milkman wearing a chef’s hat.
The rainbow is “the international symbol of the homosexual movement,” said Anatoly Artyukh, head of the St. Petersburg chapter of the anti-gay-rights group People’s Council, the Moscow Times reports. “I consider it to be blatant promotion of vice.”
St. Petersburg passed a law in February banning “gay propaganda” in the presence of minors.
Anti-gay activists have sued Madonna, claiming that her August concert in St. Petersburg violated that law, because she spoke in favor of gay rights. Currently nine of Russia’s regions have passed such laws, Gay Star News says. A similar law has been proposed at the national level.
Artyukh said his group will picket stores selling the Jolly Milkman brand, which is produced by a subsidiary of PepsiCo.
Will the protesters then move against the University of Hawaii’s Rainbow Warriors basketball team? Will they picket Greenpeace’s Rainbow Warrior environmental action vessel?
Or will they just stay home and curse whenever the clouds break apart and an arc of colors appears in the sky?
- Russian Anti-Gay Activists Target PepsiCo for Putting Rainbow on Milk Carton (towleroad.com)
- Russia – anti-gay, anti-Madonna, anti-pride hotbed (76crimes.com)
- Anti-gay Russian activists sue Madonna for US$10m (todayonline.com)
- Russian Gay Activists Arrested In St. Petersburg (huffingtonpost.com)
- Russian Officials Counter US State Dept. Homosexual Agenda (therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com)
- 8 gay activists arrested in St. Petersburg (sacbee.com)
- 17 arrests in protests against Russian ‘gay propaganda’ law (76crimes.com)
- Efforts to ban ‘gay propaganda’ spread in Europe (76crimes.com)
- Russian bill would ban ‘homosexual propaganda’ (76crimes.com)