“Yes! You can be an LGBTIQ Christian,” says Elizabeth Funke Obisanya on a No Strings podcast.
No Strings, which provides a voice for LGBT Nigerians, interviewed her about faith and sexuality, including her personal experiences as an LGBTIQ minister and film maker.
She is best known as the screenwriter and producer of the short film “Magda’s Lesbian Lover,” also known as “Magda’s Lesbian Love.” The film has been shown at many film festivals in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany.
The Internet Movie Database describes three versions of the film — an original 29-minute one in Swedish and English, “Min Mamma alska Lesbiska”; an English version in which “Magda’s conflict with her homosexuality is seen more and her faith questioned,” and an eight-minute version consisting of “the beginning story – the coming of age.”
To provide needed financial support for the No Strings podcast, visit its Indiegogo fundraising page.
For future podcasts, visit the No Strings podcast website.
- My life after being outed (No Strings)
- Hate, gender non-conformity: Topics of Nigerian podcast (76crimes.com)
- Nigerian podcast, website join fight against homophobia (76crimes.com)
- Nigerian activist to archbishop: Nice words, now help us (76crimes.com)
- Nigerian police extort money from LGBTs after anti-gay bill (76crimes.com)